Thursday, November 5, 2009

October 31st, 2009





Halloween! We decided stay home and trick or treat in our neighborhood this halloween for the first time. Normally we go to a friend's house in South City who live on a block that goes ALL OUT and it's great fun. Our neighborhood doesn't have alot of families with small children (in fact I know of 4 in our whole subdivision). I was skeptical our halloween would be as fun and festive, but we had a fantastic evening. Grandpa Coco came over for dinner. I made a halloween "Garbage Dip" with a garnish that looked like a hand coming out of it and "caterpillars" which were really pigs in a blanket with embellishment. I also roasted some asparagus...I have a thing with having to have a vegetable, especially on a night focusing around candy. After dinner I got the girls dressed in their costumes and took them around the neighborhood while Trent and Grandpa Coco handed out candy. I had a blast and so did the girls, they loved holding out their bags and doing their tricks. The whole time I felt like a hypocrite encouraging the girls to take candy from the strangers....especially if it was chocolate candy. There were more houses participating than I imagined and it was fun to walk out the front door and festivities immediately began. And, to be honest, I loved peeking in our neighbors' houses. When we got back to our house, my parents were there to see the girls and give them Halloween treats. It was a great halloween, probably my favorite one since we've had the girls.

1 comment:

Trent said...

I couldn't agree more!! We'll definietly do the same thing next year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...