Sunday, January 3, 2010

December 31st, 2009


Playing Apples to Apples





When I was little New Years Eve meant Julie and I had a babysitter for the night (which meant junk food, videos, and staying up late!). Then I became a babysitter myself and made quite a bit of money on NYE for Mall trips. After that was the obligatory phase of your life when NYE has to be a big to do and the best night of your life, ever (but it really it was just another night out that cost more and the hangovers were a bit more painful). In my early 30's I was in denial that having children meant I needed to tweak my NYE plans and I tried to figure out how to have that over the top fun night while nursing a newborn. Last year Trent and I decided when it's NYE, less is actually more. This year we went over to Markham and Dennis' house for the early part of the evening. They had some friends staying with them from out of town. Everyone brought an appetizer and Markham made a big tray of cheese stuffed sliders. We also played a game called 'Apples to Apples' which was lots of fun, I highly recommend for any big group. Trent and I headed home around 9 to put the girls to bed...and then I put myself to bed. It was a great night with friends, family, and I didn't have to break out my sequined tank top or feather boa.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...