Monday, January 11, 2010

January 7th, 2010

My Aunt Mary is a fantastic cook. Even if you are just stopping by for a quick visit, she'll whip up a 3 course meal for you and if you don't have seconds or thirds, she'll ask you why you didn't like it. When I moved out of my parents house to an apartment in KC, I asked her for 2 recipes I knew I needed in my recipe binder, her eggplant parmesan and her cheesy broccoli rice. I would make both all the time whenever I invited people over to my apartment in KC for dinner. I have no idea why, but I forgot about both dishes and haven't made either in years. Well the other day I saw a picture of cheesy rice in a magazine and immediately craved my Aunt Mary's version. I served it with a salad (trying to have more meat free nights in 2010) and it hit the spot. Of course it wasn't as good as my Aunt Mary's because neither Lauren nor Sydney would eat one helping, let alone the necessary 2 or 3 to fully hit the Aunt Mary quota.

1 comment:

Trent said...

I'm usually a little skeptical when I find out it's a meatless meal - but this was great! It could definitely stand on its own as a main course! This recipe definitely goes in the repeat pile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...