Monday, February 22, 2010

February 17th, 2010

Ash Wednesday.  Trent’s first Ash Wednesday as a Catholic too.  And wouldn’t you know it, I completely forgot about the whole no meat thing until the day of.  We were supposed to have roasted chicken.  So I looked in the frig for inspiration (and called Trent telling him I packed him a salami sandwich for lunch that was considered contraband – oops).  There was a big container of an assortment of olives from my mom’s birthday party, now there was a good start.  Then I saw a thing of capers leftover from my mom’s party.  I knew we had tuna, crushed tomatoes, and pasta in the pantry.  Viola – pasta puttanesca!

Here’s a good recipe that was close to what I did:

Tuna Puttanesca

Let the fish fries begin!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...