Thursday, March 25, 2010

March 21st, 2010

Friday’s weather was spectacular, sunny and in the 60’s.  The girls and I decided to go for a walk around our neighborhood after lunch in search for spring flowers popping up.

DSC06498

DSC06495

They loved this big bunch of dried ornamental grass in one neighbors yard…

DSC06499

and found lots of crocuses all over the neighborhood. 

We were inspired and also got out the Easter decorations.

DSC06501

Then the weekend came and it was cold, windy, and wet.  Yuck! Happy 1st day of spring to St Louis from Mrs. Passive Aggressive Mother Nature.

Come Sunday night I decided to go with comfort food.  Pizza bread!  Whenever my parents would get a babysitter, Julie and I got either frozen pizza or frozen Stouffer’s pizza bread for dinner, so it makes me think of fun nights in my childhood (oh and we also got to drink SODA!!).  I made caponata pizza bread and a spinach salad with edamame. 

DSC06505

Oh, and of course wine, the ultimate comfort!

DSC06506

I’ve been into caponata’s lately, not sure what that is about.  But I’ve always been into wine.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...