Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March 18, 2010

Trent absolutely LOVES Chinese food.  We also happen to have a great Chinese delivery place (don’t even get me started on their crab rangoons….so deliciously evil!).  I go through phases with Chinese food.  My big problem with it is I like all the bad for you stuff and after I eat it, I feel greasy and like I need to shower.  So I try to make Chinese food at home and it’s never the same.  Never.  But it does buy me some time until Trent starts whining asking to order Chinese takeout for dinner.  I saw a recipe for Moo Shu from Cooking Light, which is actually my parents absolute favorite thing to order at their local Chinese Restaurant. 

DSC06467

And I have no idea what “Mandarin Pancakes” are and we had flour tortillas in the freezer, so they became my version of Mandarin Pancakes.  Oh, and I substituted chicken for pork.  I also made an asparagus and spinach salad

DSC06466

All in all, it was fine and relatively healthy, so yay for that.  It’s still my same dilemma…not as good as the crab rangoons and everything fried rice (my go to order, I know, it’s gluttonous).  But I didn’t feel like I had to go to Chinese binge eating confession either.

1 comment:

Trent said...

Whining!?!!? Ok...maybe a little!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...