Thursday, April 22, 2010

April 17th

Weekend #2 completely devoted to the making of the veggie garden. 

DSC07135

Trent & Kirk woke up bright and early Sydney woke up early, which was a good thing, because it motivated the day of work to begin.  Trent and Kirk headed to Home Depot to rent a tiller and began work right away.  Sally and I managed the kids and were sent on a couple hardware/soil related errands. 

DSC07138

About 1:00 I could see that Kirk was getting stressed.  We had the dirt delivery scheduled for 2 pm and just finished the boxes.  We still had to till all three beds, add our compost, hummus, and organic soil to the dirt, and till it again. 

DSC07142

We ended up having to stall the dirt delivery man by 10, no 15,  actually about 20 minutes.  He was great about it.

DSC07148

See Trent still tilling the 3rd bed?  Hustle hustle!

DSC07155

Now that’s a truckload of dirt, never thought it would be a purchase I was excited about, but I was!

DSC07158

The nice, nice dirt man.  If he would have just dumped the dirt on our lawn when he saw we weren’t ready I’d still be outside moving it.

DSC07163

For dinner I grilled veggies, bread, and

DSC07164

Turkey burgers!  We all earned our appetite and it was time to sit down and be still for awhile, but when you have small kids, the stillness is never long enough.  But I take what I can get.   So, so excited and thankful to Kirk and Sally for devoting 2 of their weekends to driving and working on the garden!  My pipedream is becoming a reality!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...