Monday, May 17, 2010

May 12th, 2010

Chicken Tagine

Family Circle Chicken Tagine for the slow cooker.  It’s easy and good!

Ingredients

  • 1-3/4  pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 2  large onions, thinly sliced
  • 1/2  cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
  • 1/3  cup raisins
  • 1-1/4  cups low-sodium chicken broth
  • 2  tablespoons tomato paste
  • 2  tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2  tablespoons flour
  • 1-1/2  teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1-1/2  teaspoons ground ginger
  • 1  teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2  teaspoon black pepper
  • 2  cups cooked couscous
Directions

1. Place chicken, onions, apricots and raisins in slow cooker bowl.

2. In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, tomato paste, lemon juice, flour, cumin, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper. Pour over chicken in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-1/2 hours or LOW for 5 hours.

3. Serve over cooked couscous.

I used 2 cut up chicken breasts instead of thighs and also added some garlic and used whole wheat couscous (which the girls loved, I get so happy when that happens!).  I really liked it, but Trent wasn’t a huge fan because he doesn’t like onions or dried fruit.  Looking back I don’t know why I picked this recipe.  Probably because it sounded good to me and I just hoped Trent wouldn’t notice most of the ingredients on are his “please don’t feed this to me” list. 

1 comment:

julie mur[phy said...

I tried it and it was DELICIOUS!!!! And this was leftovers the next day and I still wanted to lick my bowl clean!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...