Sunday, June 27, 2010

June 22nd, 2010

Tonight I have plans to have a cocktail and then see Solitary Man with Kevin and Ryan.  On nights I go out I like to have dinner ready for Trent and the girls to make his evening easier (and to lesson my guilt for abandoning the girls for the evening).  I had smoked pork steaks in the freezer, so I defrosted them and baked them with barbecue sauce in the oven.

DSC08054

We still have a crazy amount of bok choy left in the garden despite my many, many attempts to get through it.  So I steamed some with garlic and soy sauce.  And no, Trent is not on a low carb diet with his brown rice serving.  I was on the computer going through facebook while cooking the rice and smelled a not so wonderful burning smell wafting through the kitchen. The rice got mad at me because it didn’t have enough liquid and the whole bottom of the sauce pan was burned.  I learned a trick from Chef Rocco Despirito. Whenever you burn something, don’t stir the pot, just dump the unburned portion into another bowl and you’ll be fine.  Well it worked perfectly, unfortunately about 60% of the rice stayed in the pot.  So I gave most of it to the girls and the rest to Trent knowing he’d be absolutely fine with a double portion of pork steak to make up for it. 

I had a great time with Kevin and Ryan.  We all agreed the movie wasn’t the best.  I had high expectations since the cast had Michael Douglas, Mary Louise Parker, Susan Sarandon, Jenna Fischer, and Danny Devito, however I wouldn’t recommend, maybe a renter at best.  On second though, I wouldn’t even recommend it as a renter.  I think even if the movie isn’t great, it’s still fun to see flicks on the big screen out with the people!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...