Friday, June 11, 2010

June 4th, 2010

DSC07812

Michelle, Jon, Elizabeth, Caleb, Kirk, and Sally are all in town for Lauren’s birthday party tomorrow!  I decided to do a barbecue for dinner so the kids could run around and well, it’s summer and I love to barbecue.  It was a little hotter than I expected, but we soldiered through with the plan. 

DSC07814

I got crazy and added TWO pieces of cheese to the burgers!  Watch out!

I also made cole slaw, bbq baked beans, french fries, and we had vanilla ice cream with "homemade strawberry sauce".  Really it was the strawberry preserves I made the day we went strawberry picking and it never set up, so sauce for ice cream it became.  Sally’s always turns out perfect, I need to find out her secret.

DSC07813

It was a fun night….the calm before the birthday storm!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...