Monday, June 14, 2010

June 7th, 2010

Kirk and Sally stayed in town after the birthday celebrations on Sunday night.  I made an angel hair lemon chicken pasta, bread, and salad.  We ate on the patio and it was a enjoyable and mellow evening.  Come Monday night we had a huge abundance of leftovers. 

Michelle has evenings in the Brightwell house called “fend for yourself” nights where everyone has a different dinner of whatever they find in the frig.  I’ve been using that idea more and more whenever our frig gets chaotic with random leftovers.  What’s the point in cooking something new for dinner if you already have food ready to go in the frig?

DSC07918

Jenny’s version of “fend for yourself” night.  There’s the myriad of randomness waiting to be eaten.

DSC07919

Trent’s dinner: the 1 salscissa we had leftover from the bbq, leftover imo’s pizza, and salad (which I made from the leftover celery heart I had from making the veggie tray).

DSC07920

Jenny’s dinner: leftover pasta and salad.  And yes, I know.  I tend to get crazy with the parmesan cheese.  Let’s just say I like when restaurants leave the bowl of parmesan cheese on the table instead of grating it over your plate because I always feel bad having a server grating away over my plate while other people at the table look longingly at their own naked pastas waiting for their turn.  I love me some cheese AND “fend for yourself” nights!  Our bellies were full and our frig was slightly less empty.

1 comment:

Trent said...

Thankfully at home we both can add all the parmesan cheese we want without being judged! Also - I've been diggin the celery heart!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...