Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 8th, 2010

After decades of teaching, my mom is officially retired!  Time to celebrate!

DSC07949

Both of my parents LOVE listening to live music, so they reserved a big table at their favorite local hangout, Highway 61 Roadhouse, and arranged for some of their favorite local musicians (whom they are conveniently friends with) to play. 

DSC07938

Trish Prager!  She went all out and did a special song for my mom to the tune of “Hey Soul Sister.”  Where’s a video camera when you need it!

DSC07960

Matt Davis, also my parent’s next door neighbor and my mom’s guitar teacher. 

DSC07975

Matt did a great version of “I just want to bang on my drums all day” and Ben did a great job of drum banging and my mom did some mean tambourining.  So fun!

DSC07935  

Mom and Dad made use of the dance floor.

DSC07956

The crowd enjoying the music.

DSC07957

Even Grandpa Coco stayed up past his bedtime.  Definitely a fantastic evening with all my mom’s favorite things.  Congratulations Mom, you are going to make one great retired lady!

2 comments:

Trent said...

Definitely a fun night!!

julie mur[phy said...

Go Marie!! Jenny, did we forget to do a duo for Mom?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...