Monday, July 5, 2010

July 2nd, 2010

A couple weeks ago my dad bought us a big bag of frozen cooked shrimp.  He can’t have shellfish, so I think it was his attempt to live vicariously through our shrimp eating ways.  Since the shrimp was already cooked, I wasn’t sure what to do without making them rubbery.  I’m kinda a shrimp snob from being spoiled in many a Destin vacations.  I absolutely LOVE crab cakes (but I’m a snob about them too, a decent crab cake without too much “filler” in St. Louis is hard to come by), so I decided to make shrimp cakes.  I used Cooking Light’s recipe for Spicy Shrimp Cakes (sans the salsa) and put them over mixed greens with a lime vinaigrette.  I made 2 batches and froze one for later, so glad I did because I’m already craving them. 

DSC08195

By the way, they went quite well with Bethenny Frankel’s Skinnygirl Margaritas.  Trent makes them perfectly and I drink them perfectly.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...