Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 26th, 2010

The afternoon was spent in the garden harvesting and the girls playing.

DSC08863

DSC08865

DSC08866

I planted these cucumber seeds in June, thought they looked fun and we got our first one! 

DSC08870

A huge grasshopper the girls tormented for the afternoon trying to catch it and put it in a box filled with grass “for it to eat.” 

I had to go to Lauren’s school for curriculum night, so we ate early and I made Cooking Light’s Gnocchi with Shrimp, Asparagus, and Pesto.  It was good and I was able to use some of the basil my dad gave me from his garden.  My basil didn’t fare well this year.  I would recommend the dish, easy to put together and quite tasty!

Gnocchi with Shrimp, Asparagus, and Pesto

2 comments:

Ryan said...

WHAT?!? Yellow, spherical cucumbers? thats crazy!

Trent said...

AND they even taste like regular cucumbers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...