Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 24th, 2010

So I started potty training Sydney on Monday and it didn’t go too well.  Tuesday I implemented  a reward and it worked out pretty well.  At 1:30 pm right before naptime Sydney did what she needed to do to be able to go to Target and pick out a toy, so we loaded up in the car and headed to The Tar-jey. 

DSC08859

Sydney picked out a Disney Rapunzel Barbie and Lauren got to pick out a small toy too (wasn’t going to fight that battle), so she picked a small Rapunzel doll too.  That night we had Ryan and Kevin over for pizza night. 

DSC08860

When I was pregnant with Sydney, Trent and I went to NYC during late summer and went to Mario Batali’s restaurant Otto and fell in love with a pizza we had and I’ve been trying to re-create it.  It was a crispy dough with melted Buffalo Mozzarella cheese, prosciutto, and arugula.  So, so good!  I can’t get it quite right because the cheese is so watery it makes the crust not as crispy as it was at the restaurant.  That Mario has some trick up his orange crocs. 

DSC08861

I made another pizza with a Bolognese sauce and mozzarella, little more kid friendly.  I didn’t want to be that mom that announced pizza night and then served a pizza with a salad on top of it.  I also made a spinach salad with egg and bacon.

DSC08862

So it was a quite eventful day that started with all things potty and ended with all things pizza.  Interesting combination.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Both pizzas and that salad were delicious. I was really into that salad...tangy and yummy. Yay!

Trent said...

All of it was great - and Ryan's right about the salad - it's one of my favorites!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...