Thursday, October 7, 2010

September 18th, 2010

Another fun day in New York City with my bestie Erin and my hubby!  Unfortunately I woke up with a crazy sore throat.  I tried to trooper through it, but once Trent and I left Erin’s apartment to go play in SOHO and The Village Duane Reade was on my mind to find over the counter relief.  No relief was found.  But it didn’t stop me from shopping and some retail therapy.  To be honest, new clothes did make me feel a little better.  It’s like my kids and a new Barbie.  They have a ton, but always get so crazy excited when they are bestowed with a new one.  Around 2:00 pm we were walking around in the Village (Trent’s favorite day area in NYC) and I started to feel better and actually feel like I could eat something without cringing and started to get hungry for some NYC cuisine.  We texted Erin for recommendations.

DSC09033

Erin recommended Cafe Cluny and it was FANTASTIC!  This picture would be a little more fun without random intense looking man.

DSC09032

Trent and I both got the burger, it was beyond delicious, totally hit the spot and ever since this pinnacle burger experience I’ve been on a burger kick.  Trent thinks I’m deficient in iron or something because I’m bordering on obsessing. 

DSC09031

You know you’re on vacation when you get to day drink without feeling lazy or guilty about it!

DSC09034

We headed back out to to window shop 5th Avenue and then hit the FAO Schwartz store for goodies for the girls. 

Promises, Promises

Erin, Trent, and I had tickets to Promises Promises.  It was hysterical!  We were laughing almost through the whole play and Sean Hayes and Kristin Chenoweth were incredible!

Trent took this picture on his phone outside the stage door.  Kristin is one teeny tiny thing with one great big powerful voice!

DSC09039

Adult sippy cups of wine!  If you get a drink at the theaters now you have to buy the cup and then whenever you go to another show, you bring the cup and pay for your drink.  I feel fancy that I have NYC broadway sippy cup for future use.  Just means I have to go back for another show!

We had dinner reservations at 11 pm at Vespa, a great Italian place a block from Erin’s apartment.  It was my 3rd time there, so I’m a huge fan and I guess it’s now a NYC tradition for me to go there.  I like that tradition.  Another tradition is an Irish Pub by Erin’s apartment.  They have good wine pours for a midwest price tag, my kinda place!

DSC09041

Another great day and night in NYC!

1 comment:

Trent said...

Love New York! Can't wait to go back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...