Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September 17th, 2010

DSC09008

Trent and I are in New York City, our favorite place to be!!  We flew a 6:45 am flight and got into Manhattan around 10:15 am, unloaded our things at Erin’s, and headed out to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge.

DSC09013

DSC09015

We walked around DUMBO (District Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass).

DSC09016

DSC09019

Around 12:30 all this walking around made us hungry and we searched for a casual quick place to have lunch.  We found this great Italian place with big Italian guys with Jersey accents yelling at each other behind the counter, the entertainment was great.  They offered everything from pizza to spanikopita to fried chicken to lasagna.  It was hard to figure out what to order, everything looked so good.

DSC09021

I settled on bruschetta pizza and a budweiser.  Oh and much Purell for my hands before eating. Trent decided Heineken, sandwich, Caesar salad….

DSC09023

…that apparently was meant to feed a family of four.

DSC09024

After lunch we walked back across the bridge to Ground Zero, shopped Century 21, walked to the Financial District where Trent made me learn stuff, and took the subway back to Erin’s.  That night we had appetizers and drinks at Cookshop, walked the High Line, and dove into the Meatpacking District and did a mini pub crawl.  We started at The Standard where I was reminded of a fun tradition in my 20’s at Have a Nice Day Cafe.

DSC09028

A fancy fish bowl NYC style!!   

DSC09030

Oh, and Trent forgot to pack dress socks, so he wore Erin’s socks all night.  Tee hee!  Great day in a great city with great people.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

wearing lady's socks in Chelsea is not only ok, it's often encouraged.

Trent said...

It should be noted that I only ate HALF of my sandwich from the italian deli!

[and then ate the other half a couple of hours later]

I have nothing to say about wearing Erin's socks. I did what I had to do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...