Tuesday, December 7, 2010

November 21st, 2010

I turned around, did a cartwheel, chewed some gum, and all of a sudden my baby is turning 3.  I have no idea how that happened, I mean when I joined Facebook she was still crawling.  When I voted for the 2008 election, I brought her with me in the front carrier.  Both of these events don’t seem that long ago.  But no matter if I think the time line is accurate or not, celebrating needs to be done because she’s very deserving of a party.  Sydney is my willful child that packs a crazy amount of personality in a little body.  She’s clever, goofy, happy, curious, and very lovable.

Trent and I decided to have the family over to the house for a brunch to celebrate.  Sydney is a huge fan of pancakes and bacon, so it was appropriate.

DSC09623

DSC09625

Sydney wanted a chocolate cake with My Little Ponies on it.  I am SO NOT a cake decorator.  I am the girl that throws some sprinkles on and calls it a day.  But I have yet to have a chocolate cake from a bakery that I liked and have a killer chocolate cake and frosting recipe thanks to the back of the Hersey's Cocoa Box.  It’s crazy good and crazy easy.  So for the first time ever, I actually made the birthday cake instead of calling Lubeley’s (my favorite local bakery). 

DSC09635 DSC09649

DSC09642

DSC09651

Fruit, pancakes, bacon, and egg casserole was the menu.

DSC09652

It’s hard not to constantly kiss, squeeze, or pinch this child.

For dinner Sydney requested tacos, probably the family favorite meal where every eats happily.

DSC09682

DSC09684

I mix the meat and seasonings with a can of refried beans and set out the toppings.

DSC09687

DSC09690

Happy Happy Birthday Ms Syd Syd!  We love you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...