Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January 11th, 2011

Whenever I get chilly, which is 95% of the time during January, I like to do a roasting meal to get the kitchen nice and warm.  Kevin and I are going to see Kings Speech tonight, so I did all my roasting the afternoon, which means the kitchen is nice and warm while I get things done.

DSC00158

I had all kinds of various vegetables in the frig, so I roasted the whole lot.  It took 2 cookie sheets to roast, but once they are done, they shrink up on you.  I season with garlic salt (using actual chopped garlic for a long roast will cause it to burn) and pepper, roast at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes for these veggies.  I also take a whole head of garlic, cut off the top third of it, put in foil, and roast that too.  I then pureed the roasted garlic with chives, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to make a vinaigrette. 

DSC00162 

Tossed everything together with some barley I cooked on the stove.

DSC00164

Dinner!  Oh, and King’s Speech was incredible!  Loved it!  Looking back the only thing that bothers me is this.

Okay, so Helen Bonham Carter looks all period peace-ish put together as the doting king’s wife. 

Dressed to impress: Helena Bonham Carter wore one red and one green shoe at the Golden Globes

Then wears this bad 80’s inspired wanna be Madonna dress with mismatched Christmas themed shoes to the Golden Globes?  Sydney said it best when she said “look mom, Lady Gaga’s on the red carpet!”

2 comments:

Trent said...

I can just hear Ryan saying "She's a big hot mess!"

Trent said...

Oh - and I love me some barley! Yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...