Thursday, January 27, 2011

January 19th, 2011

This week in school Lauren is “Star of the Week.”  It’s a fun project (albeit one that requires many mom to do’s) that Lauren and I have been working on.  She had to do a poster and get up in front of the class and talk about it.  The poster also had a sheet of paper where she filled out all her favorite things.  She brought a bag home from school and picked 5 toys to put into it and show them to the kids in her class.  The tricky part is the toys had to stay at school all week.   Logically, Lauren wanted to take her absolute favorites, *those* toys that I knew would be a cause of tears that first night when she realized her comfort toys are snug in her classroom and not in her bed.  So we picked kinda sorta favorite toys (translation – ones she wouldn’t miss at home).  She also brought in a snack for her class, peanut butter and cracker sandwiches.  No peanut allergies in her class thankfully.  It was already a short week with MLK day on Monday and we ended up having a snow day on Thursday.  So Star of the Week was really star of 3 days, but she never noticed.

DSC00186

image

image

Lauren dresses herself in the mornings and does a good job.  She had her big presentation of her poster and toys…..with her shirt on backwards.  Never noticed when she left the house, but noticed immediately when she came home…after the fact.  Her teacher took these pictures and sent them to me.  I love getting a sneak peak of Lauren in action at school.

DSC00188

Dinner was a holiday tortellini soup from Taste of Home.  I guess the holiday was star of the week and MLK Day??  I think I must have picked up the magazine at the Y one day or something, it’s been in my recipe binder forever and this is the first time I tried it.  It was easy and I thought the kids would like it, which kinda happened.  They picked out the tortellini, but I think a couple pieces of spinach sneaked into their bellies.

1 comment:

Trent said...

Sydney ate spinach only if she didn't notice - that child has a strong aversion to spinach for some reason!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...