Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January 16th, 2011

Night of the Golden Globes and Sydney got her big girl bed!  Big day in the house of Bonds.  The girls love watching the red carpet, so I decided to do a dinner of appetizers to eat in front of the TV while we seriously discuss fashion.  Statements like “oh mom, she’s got a big necklace, that’s fancy” or “oh, that’s Rachel from Glee” or “Giuliana changed her dress!” or “Black Swan girl, Black Swan girl!” are as deep as we go (and no, the kids haven’t seen Black Swan, but they have white swan Barbies and I told them when I went to see the movie the premise and about it actually being a ballet, so now whenever they see the movie poster or Natalie Portman, she’s black swan girl). 

DSC00184

DSC00185

DSC00195

Family favorite nibbles and when the girls went to bed, I made ricotta and pea puree crostinis.   Lauren, Trent, and I are huge fans of french onion dip with veggies.  If I have it in the house, it’s all I think about when I’m hungry.  So for a special occasion I bought some and did a bunch of veggies.  I think Sydney ate the whole bowl of olives with some cheese crackers.  Oh well, it’s golden globes, I’m taking a night off of playing household nutritionist. 

1 comment:

Trent said...

They are so funny with their opinions about fashion - Lauren especially - she has big opinions about what looks good and what does NOT look good!

Dinner of appetizers was definitely a big success!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...