Sunday, March 27, 2011

March 21st, 2011

My dad was on his spring break and we decided to do an afternoon field trip with the girls.  First stop was the Missouri Botanical Gardens.

(this was a picture from their facebook page from last fall)

We had lunch at their Sassafras Cafe and then walked to feed the fish from the bridge.  The weather was fantastic, balmy and warm, almost like a summer afternoon.  I am typing this looking out the window at 4 inches of snow.  Missouri weather is quite curious indeed, it doesn’t know if it wants to wear its winter, spring, or summer hat.  My official vote is it should sport a spring hat and wear it proudly.

Next stop was The Hill, Digregorio's specifically.

We got all kinds of goodies.  My dad stocked up with a big list of things.  I wanted to try a couple new pastas, specifically Bucatini.

It’s thick spaghetti with a hole in the middle, how fun is that?  I’ve seen Giada and Rachel Ray make it before and knew Digregorios was the place to make the purchase. 

DSC00576

I made it for dinner that night and tossed it with sautéed kale, cannellini beans, bacon, garlic, and parmesan cheese.

DSC00573

So, so good!!!  Highly recommend.  I think it’s my new favorite pasta shape (the former favorite being penne rigate).

Hmmm…or maybe it’s a close tie resulting in a photo finish.  What’s your favorite pasta shape?

3 comments:

Trent said...

I'm going with the Bucatini - like you it's my new favorite!! Loved it!!

Anonymous said...

Penne or rigatoni..... unless I have the time to make lasagna....of course, bucatini is good, angel hair pasta, farfaille...
i think I like pasta.

DAD

Anonymous said...

This is going to sound totally unoriginal (and slightly grade-school cafeteria), but I really love macaroni!! Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...