Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March 27th, 2011

Mother Nature has a sick, sick sense of humor.  She allows for trees to flower, daffodils to bloom, and our lettuce and pea seeds to emerge in the garden and then this.

DSC00595

DSC00599

DSC00601

DSC00603

Our hostas that are coming up.  Hostas and snow aren’t supposed to be introduced to each other in the spring.  In my opinion, I took this snow fairly well.  I actually found it more comical (and…if I’m being really, really honest, it was pretty….boy do those words taste like vinegar coming out of my mouth!).  The temperatures were predicting it to melt quickly.  Those predictions I likey!  We had a bowling birthday party that afternoon for Kaleb.

DSC00606

DSC00613

DSC00616

DSC00618

For lunch the kids all had hot dogs and potato chips.  I guess bowling works up an appetite, because both of the girls happily ate their lunch.

DSC00617

DSC00619

Trent was hungry and ordered lunch at the Bowling Alley.  Apparently at bowling alley your choices are an array of various fried foods.  Trent selected buffalo flavored chicken strips with french fries.  Whenever the word buffalo is on a menu, 95% of the time Trent will go for it.

DSC00621

That evening we went to my parent’s house for Ben’s birthday celebration.  The plan was to bbq burgers…and my mom didn’t let the snow deviate their plans one bit.  And yes, that is a bath tub in their backyard, but I promise there’s a good reason and it’s legit-ish. 

DSC00632

DSC00627

Menu was burgers and fixings, german potato salad, baked beans, and a green salad.  A perfect meal to combat the snow and pretend it’s actually spring.  Grandpa Coco now knows if I take a picture of him with food, it might go up on the blog.  It’s so cute!

DSC00623

DSC00628

DSC00629

Kid table fun!

DSC00636

Birthday cake Julie made for Ben. 

DSC00637

With vintage cake toppers.

DSC00641

And a big round of “Happy Birthday To You” for Mr. Ben!

2 comments:

Trent said...

Wow - great pictures!! Also a very fun day (despite all of the snow)!! I will concur with Jenny that the tub in the yard has a legit-ISH role to play...plus the kids love it!

julie mur[phy said...

I think the pics are funny and great. I always look like I want to put my chin in the food : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...