Monday, March 14, 2011

March 6th, 2011

We are due at Julie’s house for dinner at 5 pm.  But until then, exciting things are happening around the house.  Well, exciting to me. 

DSC00223

DSC00224

Our microwave caught on fire in late January and it’s been a process to get a new one, but I was one determined girl.  I was on a first name basis with 3 people in different departments at LG.  In all honesty, the customer service at LG was fantastic, but there were many steps to getting a new microwave.  Backdating our warranty, approving the backdating, approving a replacement free of charge, pictures of the burnt microwave, images of our receipt, a visit from LG repairman to determine the unit officially dead, taking the serial number and ID sticker off and mailing it to LG, official decree from LG we were bestowed a new unit, and last but not least confirmation of said unit traveling via Fed Ex to our home.

DSC00496

So for a couple of weeks after we had to remove the microwave, I got to look at this fun hole above our stove.  I actually probably missed the light under the microwave more than the actual function of the microwave. 

DSC00497

Thankfully I’m a happily married woman, otherwise, I might have kissed this man when he brought me this.

DSC00498

Hola horno microondas!

I did happily kiss the man that put in the microwave this morning!

DSC00523

And that’s not all the hubby did.  My dad bought me 2 new grow lights to start our seeds indoors this spring.  My parents illegally smuggled brought back some seeds packets from their trip to Italy and Germany and I spent some time (and money) on heirloom seed company websites in January.   I had some special seeds and my dad wanted confirmation their newborn/toddler phase would be a productive one. 

DSC00527

Trent assembled the grow lights and then I quickly got to work planting and labeling.

DSC00526

DSC00524

DSC00525

I can’t wait to see how all this turns out!  So we have a microwave again and I got to play with dirt, both great things.  At Julie and Ben’s house we had delicious tortellini with pesto and my mind fast forwarded to the day I hopefully get to harvest the illegal special Italian basil in the garden for freshly made pesto to go with my unlawful Italian tomatoes.  Fingers and toes crossed!

1 comment:

Trent said...

As the 'lights turner off-er' I can report that some of the seeds are already growing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...