Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April 17th, 2011

Today was the big day of the Belleville Eckert’s Easter Egg hunt.  We met the Halls, Lamons, and Jerry families there for springtime festivities.  The girls had a great time, which means Trent and I had a great time too.  They had their new country store open, which is HUGE, and all kinds of sampling different treats.  Let’s just say that there was a moment I had with their bacon crab dip and decided some needed to come home with me…..baaaad idea, I think I tore through it in 2 days. 

DSC00810

DSC00818

DSC00823

For the price of the hunt, you also get your face painted, plant a green bean seed to take home, decorate a cookie, get your picture with the Easter bunny, and…the girls absolute favorite….you get to hold chicks and bunnies.  They can’t wait for that part and try to max out their turns as much as possible.

DSC00826

DSC00827

Elizabeth Hall was behind her lense quite a bit.  She got some fantastic pictures of the kids at the petting zoo.

Here is a link to her blog. I just love it.  She’s not only witty and snarky, but she has a knack of capturing life in its natural state and makes it even more beautiful.

When we got home, I rolled up my sleeves and went to town in the kitchen.  My parents and Grandpa Coco were coming over for dinner.  I wanted to make my Aunt Mary’s eggplant parmesan, baked pasta, bread, and salad. 

DSC00806

My Aunt Mary’s recipe written out in paragraph form.  It’s fun, I read it like a story (and she even wrote it with little antidotes, so cute).  Of course I was a bad blogger and didn’t take one picture, I guess I was in “get ‘er done” mode?  It came out looking like this.

I get a blogging demerit again. 

Eckert’s also has a fantastic selection of freshly baked pies.

Eckert’s Pies

I decided the blackberry one needed to come home with me and that was dessert and accessorized it with vanilla ice cream.  It was a great end to a great day!

1 comment:

Trent said...

I loved the eggplant parmesan! I think you definitely made Aunt Mary proud!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...