Monday, June 27, 2011

June 18th, 2011

During the summer I’m not as motivated to cook.  I don’t mind assembling meals, but I try to limit using the oven.  I also have the tendency to do meals with less ingredients, I’m not in the mood to spend hours in the kitchen when the pool is open. Once the summer vegetables start showing up in the garden this gets easier and easier.  But until then I do have a ton of sage.

IMG_0319

One of my easiest pasta meals is butter sage gnocchi.  It’s even easier than pesto because you don’t need to use a food processor. 

IMG_0321

It’s about as simple as you can get.  Add salt and pepper to the skillet to taste.  Simply delicious!

IMG_0323

The trickiest part is really the burner temperature.  You need to keep it at a medium low.  Enough to melt the butter and sauté the garlic thoroughly, but not burn either.  

IMG_0328

Boil gnocchi.  When they rise to the top they are done.  Put a fork in it done.

IMG_0337

No recipe needed.  If you like it more garlicky, add more garlic.  If you want it extra saucy, add more butter.  You want a little kick, add crushed red pepper flakes.  You can also substitute any pasta, doesn’t have to be gnocchi. 

IMG_0333

IMG_0335

From garden to plate in under 15 minutes.  My kind of summer meal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE GNOCCHI AND SAGE AND ....ETC. IT'S GREAT WITH CHEESE TORTELLINI OR ANY PASTA.
OK, LET'S TRY PASTA WITH GORGONZOLA SAUCE.... GORGONZOLA, BUTTER ( OLIVE OIL), HEATED UP, PUT ON A PASTA LIKE PENNE OR ....TORTELLINI..... ADD FRESH PARSLEY FOR FUN AND FLAVOR AND LOOKS AND INVITE YOUR DAD FOR DINNER

Trent said...

I'm glad that the butter sage sauce is so easy because I'm a big fan of it and will never turn it down!! So good!!

I mean, come on, it has butter in the name!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...