Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 19th, 2011 (Part 1)

Father’s Day!  We took the girls to church and then had plans to go to brunch.  I told Trent I’d take care of venue and reservations.

IMG_0367

I decided on Herbie's in the Central West End.  The weather was fantastic and they had all their windows opened in their sunroom.  Perfect brunch atmosphere.  Check out the little face of cuteness in the reflection. 

IMG_0343

Lauren loved looking out the window at the pedestrians and bikers go by.

IMG_0338

IMG_0349

Trent’s drink flight.  The bloody mary was delicious.  I always take a sip of Trent’s bloody marys despite the fact I don’t like them.  I like the idea of them, but the taste, not so much.  This one was one of the better ones I’ve tried and even went in for a second sip.  Things are getting crazy up in here.

IMG_0353

After we ordered, Trent opened his gifts and cards.

IMG_0355

IMG_0358

Then the food came with a lot of ohh’s and ahh’s by us.

IMG_0362

The girls both wanted the french toast.  It came with a praline caramel sauce.  This was pre-sauce state. 

IMG_0361

Trent ordered the egg, bacon, and spinach flatbread pizza (sans the tomatoes).  Sydney ended up having a couple pieces of it too.  She was a big fan. 

IMG_0360

This is me.  The goat cheese and bacon Herbie burger with fries.  It was absolutely delicious.  I was nice and gave Trent some and shared my fries with the table.  It being Father’s day and all.

IMG_0371

I took Sydney outside while Trent and Lauren waited to get the bill and pay.  She loved she could look in the window to watch them at the table.

IMG_0375 

Right after this picture was taken (thanks nice random Central West End window shopper for taking this picture) I got an unknown call on my cell.  It was Herbie’s and Trent we left all of Trent’s gifts Trent was in charge of grabbing on the way out in the restaurant.  Good thing we were just across the street when they discovered this.  Teeny Tiny disaster avoided.

It was a great Father’s Day morning.

1 comment:

Trent said...

It was a FANTASTIC Father's Day morning (and day)! Herbie's was perfect! The drink flight was great because each drink (coffee, water, and bloody mary) had it's own purpose!! Fun times!!

I like the picture the random guy took - I just wish he had zoomed in more...and yes, forgetting the presents was definitely my fault! I'm not used to having to remember presents when we leave a restaurant! I have a hard enough time remembering leftovers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...