Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 19th, 2011 (Part 2)

We were hosting a father’s day barbecue at the house.  I pushed the envelope after brunch and took the kids to the pool.  I was worried about time and getting everything ready, but it all worked out fine. 

IMG_0377

I decided to make a pasta salad and incorporate asparagus and goat cheese in some way.  I then saw a half of a jar of sundried tomatoes in the frig.  I decided to do a hodge podge sundried tomato pesto with herbs, garlic, and walnuts.  I was worried I mixed too many random flavors together, but it turned out pretty tasty.

 IMG_0386

IMG_0384

IMG_0387

Aunt Cathy brought cheese plate, bean salad, and caprese salad.  All delicious!  I love when guests bring dishes because whenever we entertain I’m already pretty tired of looking at what I made, so when guests bring food, I’m excited to eat something unexpected.  That and Cathy is a darn good cook.

IMG_0397

I’m grilling fish, bread, and veggies.  And on my little board is a Trent made skinny girl margarita, which is the Cambrook Sunday drink of the house. 

IMG_0404

Tilapia I marinated with tons of herbs, lemon, and garlic.

IMG_0378

A “salsa” I made for the top of the fish or bread.  Tomatoes, chives, parsley, and kalamata olives.

IMG_0405

Veggies marinated with balsamic vinegar, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper.

IMG_0406

Grilled Garlic Parmesan Bread.

IMG_0409

Love this picture!  Grandpa Coco!  I outsourced dessert to Krispy Kremes.  There were 12 donuts and 9 people.  Nothing leftover.

IMG_0412

IMG_0410

See the bag on the handle of the door.  That’s where mom puts her bag of leftovers so she won’t forget it on the way out of the house.  Grandpa Coco’s doggie bag is normally right underneath it.  It’s a good system.  The other system is whenever I pick up Grandpa Coco he has a bag by his door of empty cleaned “tupperware” containers.  It’s a little family ecosystem. 

IMG_0414

This is my new favorite picture of my dad.  And you can see from Lauren’s teeth she enjoyed her Krispy Kreme as well.  Happy Father’s Day to my Dad, Grandpa, and husband!  It was a fun celebration.

1 comment:

Trent said...

Part 2 was definitely a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the pasta salad that you mixed up. See? You can't be tired of what you make since you're always making new things! ;)

Great Father's Day - thanks babe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...