Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Computer Chaos & Blog Gig

So we have been having major computer problems up in here.  Crazy frustrating.  Our laptop slowed down exponentially.  I’m talking 10 minutes just to get on the internet.  I was wanting to throw it out the window at that point trying to deal.  Then it started a new fun habit of crashing constantly to the point that checking my email was causing me rageful tantrums.  The tantrums were from the privacy of our kitchen where the only person who really witnessed was 3 year old Sydney.  She would laugh at me.  Then she started chiming in with me and came up with songs about how pathetic our computer was…and there were gestures too (no, not those gestures, more like jazz hands).  I’m such a good mom.  At this same time we were having home phone line issues that required Uverse men at the house “fixing it” for a grand total of 8 hours.  That was pleasant stuff.

Trent stepped in (he likes a peaceful house) and took the computer to the tech hospital, aka Geek Squad at Best Buy.  For the grand total of $300 they could fix it, but the laptop had other issues such as overheating and it wouldn’t keep a battery charge.  Those things would still be part of its quirk list.  We decided to get a low end new laptop for about the same price and it came home yesterday.  Trent set it up last night (he’s a keeper), but all our pictures need to be transferred still.  I plan on doing a big catch-up blog with random highlights of the last month or so and then start from present time from there.  My anxiety levels are already decreasing just thinking about this.  Then I can also upload our pictures to snapfish, get caught up there, and continue with a slightly normal existence until the next technical mishap. 

About a week before our computer crashed I sent a guest blog to Cassie.  Lauren’s lunch menu at her school inspired me one evening.

Clicky clicky below.

Sloppy Sloppy Joes over at Crazy Cool with a Side of Crafty

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...