Wednesday, October 12, 2011

September 15th, 2011

We had a fun night ahead of us, Lauren’s school sponsored a night at Grant’s Farm for all the families.  I wanted to feed the girls before we headed to the event.  Trent was out of town and scheduled to be back later that night, so we decided to eat after we put the girls to bed.  I wanted an easy one pot easy meal.  I went to the pantry to see what pasta I had on hand.

IMG_2056

One of my favorites!  I also had some leftover roasted chicken and raw broccoli.

IMG_2051

IMG_2057

So I boiled the pasta with the broccoli with salted water (I ended up putting the broccoli in the water after 5 minutes of cooking the pasta so it wasn’t too mushy, broccoli should require teeth to eat it). 

IMG_2059

For the sauce, I added salt, pepper, and 2 cloves of garlic to a container of ricotta cheese. 

IMG_2060

I added a coffee mug full of the pasta water to thin it out.

IMG_2062

Stir it up and you’ve got a great sauce that took minutes.

IMG_2064

IMG_2067

I wilted in about 2 cups of spinach.  Veggies, calcium, protein, and carbs in one dish.  No need for any sort of side dish.

IMG_2071

IMG_2073

IMG_2076

IMG_2078

Full bellies ready to feed the bellies of the goats at Grant’s Farm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...