Thursday, November 17, 2011

November 10th, 2011

A couple of tidbits.

IMG_2502

The little black do-hickey thing broke on my watch and I couldn’t tape it back together.  So this is the look I’m currently sporting.  I’m on my 3rd safety pin because the last 2 fell off somewhere in the house.  Thankfully I do not have a crawling baby or I’d feel pretty concerned about this.

IMG_2509

Sydney’s been in dance class for 2 and a half months.  The whole time she’s been taking her dance shoes in a pink backpack with the name Lauren on it.  I’m all for reusing, but that was just too 2nd child hand me down for me.  The fact she didn’t care made me feel worse.  When Sally visited us for a week, we made a special trip to get Sydney a proper dance bag….with her own name on it.

IMG_2504

My new favorite estate sale find.  For Christmas I can’t wait to weave a ribbon in it and serve cookies.

IMG_2628

This is my new favorite picture of Sydney’s.  Sydney is a tough self critic of her artwork.  I think it’s because she sees Lauren’s pictures and expects to pump out the same product.  So if Sydney feels like she “messes up” she scribbles 90% of the picture and either declares it’s something in a cage or a design.  I guess on this one she got through it successfully and presented it to me.  It’s Sacajawea, Lewis, Clark, and….wait for it….Tinkerbelle.  Why Tinkerbelle I asked her?  Because Lewis needed her to fight off wild animals in the forest.  I guess Tinkerbelle packs big game in the wilderness, who knew.

I have talked about my favorite go to sauce many times.  I still use it quite a lot….like a couple times a month lot.  In fact, 2 nights ago it was the perfect accessory for fish.

IMG_2625

IMG_2622

But lately I’ve been revisiting an even older favorite go to sauce.  2004 old, to be exact.  I have entertained MANY a meals with this recipe from Cooking Light for pork tenderloin with rosemary.  It’s so easy and a crowd pleaser.  It is supposed to be with thyme too, but sometimes I leave it out.  I’ve branched out and also now use it for chicken and potatoes, crazy stuff here.  I also have tweaked/simplified it.

2 tablespoons dijon

2 tablespoons honey

1 teaspoon chopped up rosemary

salt

pepper

mix together and top protein or vegetable of your choice and roast, sauté, or barbecue.

IMG_2629

This night I picked boneless skinless chicken thighs.

IMG_2640

And served it with roasted sweet potatoes, salad, and bread.  The leftover chicken was fantastic for lunchtime salad. 

Apparently I’m feeling saucy.

1 comment:

Trent said...

Love that sauce and LOVED it on the chicken thighs!! Delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...