Wednesday, December 14, 2011

November 20th, 2011

My baby is 4 years old.  How did that happen? 

My earliest memories are when I was 4 and I was walking in a parking lot with my very pregnant mom.  She had a flowy print shirt on which I thought was very fancy.  Then I remember sitting on our couch and my mom would let me feel her belly when the baby kicked.   I also remember staying at my Grandparent’s house while my mom was in the hospital after she had Julie.  Specifically I was playing under my Grandma’s dining room table, very 4 year old-ish thing to do.  I really don’t remember Julie as a newborn at our house.  Apparently she didn’t sleep too well and cried a bit, but I don’t remember this because I was probably sleeping or playing.  Two things come to mind when thinking about my earliest memories.  First is I can’t believe Sydney is at the age where she might remember current events when she’s an adult.  Second is, holy crap, she might remember stuff I don’t necessarily want her to remember!

We had a hard time figuring out Sydney’s party.  November is not a month you can host outside.  For Sydney’s 2nd and 3rd birthday we had parties at our house, so this year we wanted to invite more people and a venue other than our home.  We ended up having a ice cream and cake party at Fitz's Root Beer in University City.  My dad also hired a balloon artist and face painter that was hugely popular with the kids. 

IMG_2680

The birthday girl getting her balloon animal, Rapunzel.

IMG_2683

Kid table.

IMG_2712

They also had various arcade style games the kids could play.

IMG_2690

IMG_2739

Smiley fries for the kids.  We also had root beer, beer, and munchies for the adults.

IMG_2729

IMG_2734

IMG_2744

No sugar or sweets at this party.  Nope. None.

IMG_2749

They asked the facepainter for tiger faces!

IMG_2748

IMG_2769

IMG_2776

All the cousins at the party!

IMG_2777

The grandparents with the birthday girl.  They were all a big help at the party.  It took a village!

IMG_2782

IMG_2785

That evening we watched Sydney open her gifts.  She got so many thoughtful and generous gifts.  Her last gift she opened was her American Girl doll, Kanani, and some different accessories to keep her Kanani fashionable.  As I am typing this Sydney is playing in a fort of pillows with Kanani and a stuffed horse (Bull’s Eye to be exact). 

Happy Happy 4th birthday Sydney!

1 comment:

Trent said...

Happy Birthday little Sydney!!! We had a lot of fun celebrating!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...