Friday, September 11, 2009

September 10th, 2009

Growing up my mom made soup or stews from scratch for dinner about 60% of the time. She would make a big batch and freeze leftovers for lunches and future dinners. Most of my 20's I wasn't a huge soup person because I think I was overly soup saturated. But they have made a comeback in my 30's gangbuster. Last night was split pea soup night, which happens about twice a month. It's one of my favorites because not only do I love it, so does the whole family. I have no idea why Lauren won't eat a hot dog or hamburger, but loves split pea soup. I always make it with gorgonzola crostinis too (butter and jelly on the bread for the kids). A meal where I can just make one thing and everyone is happy is scare, yet sacred.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...