Thursday, September 10, 2009

September 9th, 2009 (09-09-09)

There was a butternut squash on the windowsill and no one in the family likes butternut squash. I'm constantly trying to figure out a way to eat it, because it seems so fallishly festive to do so. So I made up a recipe in my head that sounded good. I roasted the squash in the oven, then pureed it. I then sauteed some sage, onion, and garlic (lots!) and added the puree, salt, pepper. I thinned it out with some milk and added parmesan cheese, then combined the sauce with a pound of rigatoni. I also made a simple salad with butter lettuce, red cabbage, swiss cheese, and broccoli slaw. I thought the pasta was pretty good, but the girls only ate a couple bites after much coaxing and Trent wasn't doing cartwheels over it. Looks like I'll be bringing the leftovers to my parents tomorrow. Butternut Squash: 8, Jenny: 0. I did however see a fun recipe for tex mex butternut squash bisque this morning that looked interesting....

1 comment:

Trent said...

I do love a good bisque!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...