Sunday, September 6, 2009

September 5th, 2009

So the family was in Kansas City last night for Caleb's 5th birthday. Caleb is a fantastic nephew who is into all things boy and has a kind and energetic nature about him. Michelle made dinner at Kirk and Sally's house because her and Jon were getting hardwood floors put into their whole main level and (surprise surprise), the original time span quoted to them was incorrect. But Michelle took things in stride (way better than I could) and turned out a great celebration. She had planned on leftovers from the lunch birthday celebration held at a playground pavillion, but re-directed when there weren't as many leftovers as she thought (which is always a good sign at the end of a party). So Jon did his 4th grocery trip in 3 days and within 2 hours they had dinner set out buffet style for 9 adults and 4 kids. I ate chicken baked in a mixture of mayo, parmesan cheese, and oregano as a main course, it was quite good, I totally plan to re-create that in some way. For my sides I had a mixed green salad with caesar dressing (at Trent's family functions the salad is put out without being tossed and you get a choice of about 4 dressings set out, I normally pick Caesar because Kirk and Sally have this brand that I really like, but couldn't keep in our house without going up a dress size). I also had baked bread with butter and baked beans with bacon, onions, and ground meat in them (a leftover from the lunch birthday party). For dessert I had Sally's homemade cherry pie heated with french vanilla ice cream. Yep, I was a full, but happy lady. Did I mention there was Chardonnay? But with me, that's a given.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...