Monday, February 22, 2010

February 12th, 2010

Tonight is the night we’re hosting my mom’s surprise birthday party!  It’s a cocktail and appetizer party, but here’s the thing…she thinks it’s a dinner party for our immediate family. Then shortly after she arrives, it’s an open house.  So I had to make the house look like nothing crazy going on when indeed we were to have 25 hungry and thirsty people coming within a half an hour of my mom’s arrival.

Here was my fancy schmancy planning tool…my notebook.

 DSC06200

Then that morning I started prepping…..

DSC06202

Chicken sausages in puff pastry

DSC06205

spanikopita cups in puff pastry (I like love puff pastry)

DSC06204

Julie hooked up the party with all things “The Hill” including Missouri Bakery cookies, salami, cheese, olives, and crusty bread

DSC06208 DSC06209

The garage was the staging area for just about everything (thank you cold weather) ready to bring out once the surprise was realized. 

The birthday girl had a great time and partied until well after midnight with the guests.

DSC06212

DSC06216

There was even live singing with guitar playing!

DSC06237

Happy Birthday Mom!  I love you!

1 comment:

Trent said...

So much fun and great food! You did a great job putting it all together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...