Tuesday, February 9, 2010

February 6th, 2010

It’s the 2nd annual Beef Wellington-a-thon.  Last year Trent came up with this idea that he wanted to make Beef Wellington with my mom.  Not sure of the exact origin of the idea, but hey, I’m not one to turn down a fancy meal cooked by my mom.  This year it was planned on Grandpa Coco’s birthday to make it even more of a festivity.  Trent wanted to do Julia Child’s classic recipe.  I volunteered to make the pate because I’ve never made one before and was curious.  It’s really kinda gross, you cook chicken liver, onions, and seasonings, then puree it with butter, chill it, and there you go.  Not a fan of it as a dip on a cracker, but as an ingredient in the beef wellington….well, it’s still a little off-putting.  The pate ends up melting into the puff pastry (which I find incredibly delicious, I’d eat my shoe if puff pastry was wrapped around it).  The afternoon/evening was alot of fun AND my dad picked up a key lime cheesecake for my Grandpa’s Birthday from

which is a family favorite, they have an incredible selection of cheesecakes.

DSC06161

Here’s the birthday boy getting a little help blowing out the candles.  I really wish there was a reality show scouting the cutest grandpas, he’d totally win.

1 comment:

Trent said...

I'm usually sent to the corner to enjoy key lime cheese cake from Hank's otherwise I make a spectacle of myself...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...