Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March 14th, 2010

vegetable-garden-GEXPERT-de.jpg

This picture makes me very happy.  I love everything about gardening, even the bugs bites and the disappointment because it means it’s summer and I’m outside playing in the dirt.  Our backyard is full shade, which means I have a VEEERY dinky little herb garden in a little corner that has a bit of afternoon sun.  However things are in motion…..

DSC06428

Meet our side yard that has full sun.  This is the preliminary plans for a fenced vegetable garden!  I can’t even think about it because I’ll get too excited too early.  We still have to present our plans to our subdivision trustees (whom we don’t remotely know) since our plans are a big no no according to our subdivision rules circa de 1968.  So I’ll keep you posted and will be so excited to show you pictures like this

and say “I grew that in our own yard!”

Oh, and for dinner we had Grandpa Coco and my parents over for Sunday night dinner and I made Rachel Ray's Caponata Pasta with Ricotta.

Pasta Arrabbiata with Eggplant

Maybe one day I’ll be able to make it with eggplants from the garden.  Holy Moly do I like the sound of that!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...