Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March 26th, 2010

I love Tuna Nicoise salad. 

Whenever Trent and I are traveling (the rare, rare chance we’re traveling…..rare), I love going to French restaurants for lunch to order one.  It was lunchtime and it was lent.  I had tuna in the pantry and leftover olives in frig.  I wasn’t in the mood to boil eggs and get all crazy, but I came up with a fun and easy recipe salad inspired by the Nicoise in a random-ish kinda way.

DSC06574

Tuna & Bean Salad

1 can cannelini beans

1 pouch of tuna

1/2 cup of kalamata olives, chopped

1/2 cup of artichoke hearts, chopped

1/4 cup of chives, chopped

1/4 cup of parsley, chopped

handful of spinach, chopped

juice of one lemon

tablespoon of olive oil

salt

pepper

Combine all ingredients through spinach, toss in a bowl, add the lemon juice and olive oil, stir, salt and pepper to taste.  I ate it with a toasted English muffin or you could put it in a wrap or over lettuce. 

DSC06575

For dinner we went to a fish fry with the Lamons & Rivoltas at our church.  I don’t know what it is about Fridays in Lent, but I always end up craving a big juicy beef burger…and I rarely crave burgers.  Something about knowing I can’t have something just makes me want it more.

1 comment:

Trent said...

We'll definitely have to go back to a french restaurant when we're in NY this fall!! Fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...