Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April 18th, 2010

Kirk & Sally left to drive back to KC around 11 am.  By 11:30 I was at Sappington Nursery with the girls to purchase seeds, supplies, and veggie plants.

DSC07165

 DSC07167

Then we began planting.

DSC07175

DSC07179

DSC07184

It was a fantastic afternoon and the plants are in, now I just hope they do their thing!

DSC07185

Flatbread with cheddar cheese

DSC07186

Roasted shrimp.  Ina Garten on Food Network said it’s the best way to prepare shrimp.  I tried it a couple months ago and completely agree.  Being in the middle of America means no fresh shrimp.  But roasting it is a great method to cook it because the shrimp don’t get rubbery or overcooked.  I just toss them with a little olive oil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper and cook at 385 degrees for 8 minutes. 

DSC07187

Girls Dinner. 

DSC07188

Trent and my dinner.  Peppery pasta with arugula and shrimp from Cooking Light.  With such a fun filled and labor intensive weekend, I decided to bypass the “you have to take at least a bite of the pasta.”  I know that they know that I know they won’t like it.  But Trent and I did. ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...