Monday, April 5, 2010

April 1st, 2010

So I saw one of the contestants on Top Chef cook with an ostrich egg last season and I got curious.  I found them at Whole Foods and totally wanted to take a “crack” at it.

DSC06752

April Fools Day!  It’s actually yogurt covered with a little cool whip and topped with a peach half.  I made it for the girls for lunch and told them it was an ostrich egg.  I was so excited for my fun prank I saw on a blog.

DSC06760

It didn’t go well.  Lauren was upset that I thought it was funny to trick her and Sydney just saw that Lauren wasn’t excited about lunch and fed off her emotions.

DSC06764

They didn’t eat it.  Lauren didn’t like that all her food was touching each other (she has issues with food touching when, in her opinion, it shouldn’t).  I was so bummed because I thought the girls would get a kick out of it and love being able to have cool whip for lunch, nope, I had to make PB&J’s instead.  Oh well.

For dinner I didn’t have anything tricky up my sleeve, but the weather was fantastic, so I marinated chicken in my go to sauce, grilled some asparagus, and bread.  I love grilling bread until it’s toasted on the grill, then rub raw garlic on it and top it with herbs or parmesan cheese, it’s so easy and yummy.

DSC06770

Chicken

DSC06771

grilled asparagus tossed with arugula and spinach with a lemon vinaigrette.

DSC06772

Grilled bread

DSC06773

Dinner!  Oh, I also heated up some pork and beans for the kids, which was exponentially less dramatic then the HORRIBLE prank I did at lunch.  Lesson learned, I have a sensitive child.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...