Saturday, July 3, 2010

June 26th, 2010

DSC08070

Owen’s birthday at Kirkwood Park!  It was actually the first time we’ve ever been to Kirkwood Park, I was shocked how big it was and all the fun things you could to there.  Without a doubt, the most popular thing with the kids was feeding the ducks.  They LOVED it. 

We had a big lunch of party sandwiches from Giola’s deli and all kinds of yummy side dishes.  But my absolute favorite thing was the dessert.  It was a cookie cake!  I’m not a fan of regular cake, so it’s very easy for me to turn it down at celebrations, but when there’s a cookie cake in the mix, I’m participating!  And it was a DOUBLE LAYER cookie cake…and it tasted even better than it looks.

DSC08082

DSC08091

I think Miss Noni agrees with my sentiment on the cookie cake.

For dinner that night I wanted something easy and light (I think it’s the guilt talking from my big piece of cookie cake).

Seashell Salad with Buttermilk-Chive Dressing

I made Cooking Light’s Seashell Pasta Salad.  I love pasta salad that is a complete meal with a little protein, greens, and pasta.  It was easy and light, so mission accomplished! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...