Wednesday, August 11, 2010

August 5th, 2010

Trent and I used to do a CSA, Fair Shares, with Julie and Ben.  Between shopping at Sappington Farmer’s Market and knowing we were going to build a garden, meal planning was easier.  I do miss some things from our CSA.  I miss the incredible grass fed ground beef, exotic wild mushrooms, and the fresh pasta from Mangia Italiano.  So I was quite happy to see that Sappington Farmer’s Market now carries 3 different varieties of Mangia’s fresh pasta.  I bought the roasted red pepper spaghetti. 

 DSC08736

The girls had dance class at 6:30 and I feed them dinner beforehand and Trent normally works out at the Y during their class and eats after they go to bed.  So I boiled my fun pasta with broccoli, yellow squash from the garden, and a zucchini and tossed with fresh ricotta cheese, garlic, and pasta water.

DSC08733

Loved the pasta and can’t wait to buy some more!  And, to my great surprise, Lauren liked it too!

DSC08735

I was so shocked I took the girls to their dance class, got them to the studio, and realized I forgot their ballet and tap shoes.  At least that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

1 comment:

Trent said...

As you can see from the picture - Jenny's real plan wasn't to get us to eat the pasta - it was to get us to eat more veggies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...