Thursday, September 23, 2010

September 13th, 2010

My boyfriend is loud.  Wait a second, let me start again.  My boyfriend, HB, is a food processor.  And he’s efficient, but noisy. (That’s what she said.  Sorry, I couldn’t resist)

DSC08985

This is what the girls do when they help me make pesto and it gets to the point where I actually turn on HB. 

DSC08987

My dad gave me a ton of basil and I wanted to make it into pesto to keep in the freezer (pesto is just basil, a couple glugs of olive oil, salt, pepper, and a couple cloves of garlic all pureed together to make a sauce for meat, veggies, bread, grains, soups, or pasta).  In the middle of the winter it’s great to be able to break out the pesto and taste fresh basil.  It’s a little brown because I put it in the fridge and probably neglected it a day or two too long before embarking on the pesto project. 

DSC08989

And there it is!  Probably enough pesto for 4 pounds of pasta, which is 4 meals in our family.  I put it all in the freezer and our dinner had nothing to do with pesto, oddly enough.

DSC08992

I was in a breakfast for dinner mood.  I toasted some crusty bread, rubbed it with a garlic clove, put some ricotta cheese on it, topped it with mixed greens and cucumber, an egg, and 2 slices of bacon.  It’s a great meal because I love having my food all mixed together with each other to make one dish.  I know that’s not everyone’s cup of tea, I know many people who don’t like food touching each other, one of them being my oldest daughter, so she got a plate with toast, bacon, eggs, and some fruit and gave me a thankful face.  It takes all kinds to make the world go ‘round.

1 comment:

Trent said...

"...and it gets to the point where I actually turn on HB."

That's what she said.

Sorry - had to do that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...