Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September 6th, 2010

You know that cringy tight feeling you get in your stomach when you have to say goodbye at an airport to someone you know you’re going to miss?  Well I feel that way about Labor Day because I know I have to say goodbye to the pool for the season.  Also Labor Day is like the gateway to the colder season (however as I’m typing this on September 21st the AC is on and it’s 90 degrees out).  I do love fall and am looking forward to alot of upcoming things.  But I also love me some pool.  We spent the morning outside. 

DSC08924

The girls are fairly obsessed with butterflies.  So much they want to love them….to death.  They try to catch them and put them in containers, then stuff a bunch of grass in the container “for the butterfly to eat.”  I’m shocked the word hasn’t gotten out to the butterfly community that our house is a Bermuda Triangle for their kind.  But alas the girls couldn’t catch this butterfly and

DSC08927

caught a crazy big grasshopper instead.  For some reason we have tons of grasshoppers in our tomatoes.  The afternoon was spent at the pool and then Lauren and I met Julie, Ben, Bryan, Noni, and my mom and dad at the pool again for round 2 until it closed at 6.  Then we had everyone over to our house for pizza and ice cream.

DSC08933

The kids enjoying their ice cream on the front steps.  Bye bye pool, you will be missed!

1 comment:

Trent said...

Ha!! I love how you described the girls' fascination with butterflies! Hilarious!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...