Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September 8th, 2010

Well I have to come to terms with the fact the consignment sale is upon me and it’s time to get all the stuff I’ve been hiding storing from the kids out, cleaned, and tagged.  While Lauren was in school, Sydney and I went to the dollar store for kid hangers.  Sydney also found a little something for herself.

DSC08949

A red cowboy hat so she could be Jessie the cowgirl from Toy Story 2.  When we got home, she immediately put on her rain boots, ahem, cowgirl boots to complete the look.

DSC08951

DSC08952

I also FINALLY got the energy to fold up the pool towels and swimsuits from our drying rack in the garage.  Time to man up and admit the gig is up and pool done closed.

DSC08953

Most of the stuff for the sale.  This part is tricky because the girls discover toys that I’m going to sell and decide to fall in love with them all over again.  So I did this during Sydney’s nap and then distracted Lauren with HOW FUN it would be to help mommy clean things and make them pretty.

DSC08954

It kinda sorta barely worked.  But that bike looked all spiffy thanks to Lauren! 

DSC08944

For dinner I was going to barbecue, but I got behind my schedule with working on the sale.  So I roasted chicken in the oven and basted it with bbq sauce.  I also made herbed lentils and a southwest salad with corn, beans, and tortilla chips.  A day of many accomplishments always makes me happy!

1 comment:

Trent said...

Love the picture of Jessie Sydney! So cute!

I also LOVED the southwest salad! Fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...