Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 1st, 2010

DSC09502

DSC09503

The girls made out like bandits on Halloween.  There aren’t a ton of kids in our neighborhood, so the people who give out candy give out handfuls to every kid.  There is no way we can have this in our house.  Trent and I are huge candy people and we don’t like the same stuff, which is even worse because we go through it thoroughly.  There was 8 pounds total of candy.  I let the girls pick 10 pieces and then I set aside some starburst and skittles (Trent’s favorites) to keep the hubby happy.

DSC09504

This is what we kept.  Much, much better.  My favorite candy bar of all time is Almond Joy (but it’s also hard for me to pass up a snickers, twix, butterfingers,  baby ruth’s, and Reese’s Peanut Buttercups).  The girls each got a piece of candy of their choice for dessert each night, which lasted about 2 weeks and now it’s all gone.  LOVE IT!

So what happened to our 8 pounds of candy?  Our dentist was collecting Halloween candy and would give kids $1 for every pound.  Then they shipped the candy to the troops.  Win, win, win.

DSC09506

Both Lauren and Sydney got $4 and I asked them what they wanted to do with it.  Toys R Us was their choice.  And now we are the proud owners of more Polly Pocket annoyingly small and frustratingly tiny, shoes always lost in the carpet, clothes are impossible for the girls to do themselves, so whenever they play with them I’m taking off and putting on teeny tiny rubber dresses on these random dolls and accessories.  I am convinced the creator of Polly Pockets is a man who has no children.  But I told the girls they got to pick out whatever they wanted (with their price point) and they gave up their Halloween candy.  No way, no how would I have agreed to that arrangement when I was a kid.  My Halloween candy bag was like a treasure chest that I guarded with much care.  Maybe the Halloween candy addiction gene skips a generation.

1 comment:

Trent said...

I just shed a tear thinking about all of that delicious candy that is no more..

and then I started laughing at your description of the polly pocket dolls - hilarious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...