Sunday, November 21, 2010

November 9th, 2010

I love Facebook and am so happy to have it in my life.  I like how I can keep up with people I see often or people I haven’t seen in decades, but am still interested.  I like how if I run into someone I can ask relevant questions instead of just “so what are you doing now?”  I have Facebook friends who are funny, inspiring, and thought provoking.  Another reason I like Facebook is one of my sorority sisters posted this recipe that looked too good not to make.

Pumpkin Chocolate Cake from Whole Foods.  It was easy, slightly nutritional for cake, and tasty.  Another benefit is it makes the house smell of autumn goodness.

DSC09555

The girls were more than happy to help “clean” the beater.

I’m trying to gather more slow cooker recipes.  With having the girls in evening activities, coming home to dinner already done without extra prep is a treat.  But I feel like it’s hard to find good slow cooker recipes that aren’t bland or the food is a big mushy party on your plate.  This one is one I would make again.  Family Circle has a great section under their recipes just for the slow cooker and so far I’ve been impressed with their selection.

Sausage & Lentil Soup

This was their sausage and lentil soup. 

1 comment:

Anjanette said...

Mmm...I do love that cake. :-) I'm going to have to try that soup too. I love lentils.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...