Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March 16th, 2011

Trent’s sister, Michelle, and family are staying overnight on their way to Chicago for a mini spring break vacation.  Jon and the kids are coming in on the train and Michelle is in Illinois for work and will meet everyone at our house later in the afternoon.

Trent took a half day off of work and we took the girls to lunch and a bakery by the train station for a donut dessert while we wait.

DSC00535

DSC00537

I love how Sydney attacks her donut from the top.  She eats her toast the same way, it’s not great on stain management.

Once Michelle arrived we hung out for a bit and the weather was just teasing me to get out and enjoy the sunshine and warm temps.  So I became slightly crazy to get people moving patiently encouraged everyone to change and head out the door.  We took the kids to our neighborhood playground.  Ahhh, Vitamin D and fresh air!!!

DSC00539

After an hour or so Sydney announced loudly that she had to poop a need to get home.  So we left and I started making dinner.  Lauren and Elizabeth played outside while I grilled.

DSC00546

DSC00551

I just love this picture!! It reminds me of Nettie and Celie in The Color Purple…without all the domestic and racial violence and sister separation drama…

DSC00548 DSC00547

DSC00549

I grilled steak, corn on the cob, asparagus, and mushrooms for dinner.

DSC00552

DSC00553

DSC00556

A chimichurri sauce for the steak (garlic, herbs, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil pureed).

DSC00555

DSC00554

Cheese pizza and macaroni and cheese for the kids.  Whenever we have company I try to have kid friendly food, adults get a night off from “mom, I don’t want to eat this,” “I’m not hungry, can I play now,” and “mom, I don’t like this.”

DSC00559

Post bath book time with Uncle Jon! 

I am so proud of myself for remembering to take pictures while entertaining!  I hardly ever remember to do this….especially both pre and post table, yay me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time you have guests.... can I come and eat with the kids...??? pizza looked good.

love
kid

Trent said...

Fun day with the Brightwells and a fantastic dinner!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jenny! Dinner was absolutely wonderful. I love in the book picture how Caleb looks really nervous...Will Curious George make it? Will the Man with the Yellow Hat return? It's like he's on the edge of his seat!

Thanks so much for the great pictures! Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...