Monday, March 21, 2011

March 13th, 2011

I love Sunday evenings.  I love having a mellow Sunday night just our family at home, I love hosting a family dinner party, I love going to someone’s house for a family dinner.  Sometimes I go all out and make a big or time consuming dinner and sometimes it’s leftover/clean out the frig night.  Whatever the occasion, it’s a great family night.

When I was a kid I hated Sunday nights because it meant I had to go back to school and probably catch up on a ton of homework I procrastinated doing over the weekend.  When I was working I dreaded the alarm clock to rudely awake me too early the next morning and start the work week again.  But as a stay at home mom, Sundays are a family night and I cherish it. 

Lauren had a pottery birthday party that afternoon and we got home around 3 pm.  I was in the mood to cook and try something new.  It was just us at home for the night.  Trent likes to make Skinnygirl Margaritas on Sunday nights, so I decided to match the cuisine to the drink. 

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

I decided to make Cooking Light's Chicken Enchilada Casserole.  I have a bad habit of not reading the recipe before I decide to make it.  I normally just look at the picture and if it looks yummy, I put it on my list of things to try.  So when I started to get out the ingredients and read the recipe it was a little more step intensive than I like, but it was Sunday and I had the time.  I’m glad I tried this recipe, it was delicious and worth it.  I normally like flour tortillas better than corn, but in this recipe, it totally worked.  It would also be a great make ahead recipe to entertain with.  Last, but not least, it went perfectly with my margarita!

3 comments:

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

Ooooh love this idea and the one about margaritas on Sundays. Stealin' it! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great.... give me recipe. Prefer corn tortillas over ....

dad

Anonymous said...

oops, looked up recipe. looked great. not sure it is a "light" dish, but loved it.

Let's make a meatloaf dish..... have some ideas.

DAD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...